À propos de SurveyMonkey
Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
Did you own a calculator watch before calculator watches were cool? Then get in touch! We’re looking for a sharp, organized number cruncher to join our small but mighty finance team. From accounting to tax to treasury to planning and budgeting, our group supports all aspects of the business to make sure SurveyMonkey stays healthy and grows. If you’re ready to bring your strategic, quick-thinking finance skills to the Monkey, we want to hear from you.
We are hiring a General Ledger Accountant who will be a key member of the Accounting team and will be hands-on in supporting the company’s month-end and day to day accounting operations. The GL Accountant will be responsible for Cash, Fixed Assets Accounting, financial reporting/ fluxes, close activities, reconciling general ledger accounts, and participating in special projects within the Finance team.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules for the US and international entities with an emphasis on Fixed Assets and Cash
- In charge of Fixed asset accounting, including but not limited to reconciling FA sub-ledger to GL, preparing fixed assets roll-forward schedule, fixed assets inventory reconciliation
- Maintain and reconcile Balance Sheet and P&L accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies
- Involve in the monthly financial close process
- Prepare financial reporting/ fluctuation analysis in the areas of responsibility
- Solid understanding of accounting practices and controls, develops and enforces proper accounting policies, processes and procedures for practice within the department and Company. This includes developing and maintaining policies, desktop procedures and manuals
- Ensure timely completion and analysis of all balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Prepare schedules and reports for month end and/or tax purposes
- Prepare schedules for external auditors for the financial statement audit process and as needed
- Assist with various special projects
- Partner with international and cross functional teams on key areas of responsibility
- Escalate issues and recommendations to management as appropriate
- Assist with Blackline Admin function as needed
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting; CPA is a plus
- Solid understanding of general accounting concepts
- The ability to proficiently perform professional level accounting research, analysis, reconciliation, financial and accounting reporting.
- At least 4 years relevant experience
- Team player and solid communicator (written and verbal skills)
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, an eagerness to learn, and a willingness to take on new challenges
- Research & Analyzing Skills , Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, and Thoroughness
- Ability to prioritize effectively, meet deadlines, work with others and follow through to execute all tasks
- High Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel and Word)
- Experience with NetSuite or similar cloud based accounting software applications
- Experience with CashPro (BofA system), Solution 7 reporting tool, and Blackline is a plus
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.